Ingredients: • 1 Tbsp. olive oil • 1 medium onion, chopped • 4 medium shallots, chopped • 2 medium celery stalks, chopped • 2 medium red (or green, orange, or yellow) bell peppers, chopped • 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped • 1 medium zucchini, sliced • 1 medium yellow squash, sliced • 1 cup sliced mushrooms • ½ cup chopped fresh parsley • ½ cup raisins • 8 cups whole-grain bread cubes • 3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable (or chicken) broth • 2 Tbsp. white wine (optional) • Nonstick cooking spray
1. Heat oven at 350° F.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions, shallots, celery, and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add garlic, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Combine onion mixture, parsley, raisins, bread, broth, and wine (if desired) in a large bowl; mix well.
6. Place stuffing in a 3-quart baking dish lightly covered in spray. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
• 4 cups peeled, sliced apples
• 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided use
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
• 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1/4 cup finely chopped raw walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine apples, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a medium baking dish;
mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine oats, walnuts, remaining 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and remaining 1/2 tsp.
cinnamon in a medium bowl, mix well.
4. Top apple mixture with oat mixture. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until apples are soft.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
• 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix (or you can use your
own mix of cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes and pepper)
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2 In a bowl, toss beans and oil to coat evenly. Sprinkle on seasoning mix.
3 Spread out in single layer on a cookie sheet.
4 Bake for 10 minutes, then shake the pan to reposition the beans and to
brown evenly. Bake another 10 minutes until brown.