Everett Facts
Demographic & historical facts about Everett
Services A-Z
A list of available services
Residents Links
Helpful links for Everett Residents
Business Links
Helpful links for Everett Businesses and those seeking to do business in Everett
Links to City Departments
Action Line
Request information , submit requests for service or comments for review.
 Online Documents
Quickly find city documents located in a single place with a handy search feature.
Community Calendar
See what's going on including schedules or government meetings and City & community events.



Vital Records have been registered in Massachusetts since 1635. Statewide collection began in 1841. Everett has records for events that occurred from 1870 to the present day.

Please note the following facts about the records maintained by the City Clerk's Office.Certain records are restricted from public access. Identification may be required for processing some orders. The City Clerk's Office maintains no indexes or records on the Internet. Records are only available on site at the Clerk's office.

Note that ONLY CERTIFIED COPIES of records are issued by the Clerk's Office regardless of intended use.

Get a Birth Certificate by Mail

Filing Your Marriage Intentions

Get a Marriage Certificate by Mail

Get a Death Certificate by Mail

Access Policy for Massachusetts Vital Records


Access to restricted birth and marriage records is limited by §2A, Chapter 46, M.G.L. For those persons with access to restricted records, proof of identity (a photo ID) is necessary, and in some cases additional documentation is also necessary. Access to persons other than listed below require a court order.

For mail orders, include your ID and documentation (if necessary) with your order form.

Out-of-Wedlock Births: Access to non-marital (out-of-wedlock) births is limited by §2A, Chapter 46, M.G.L. to the following:
Subject of the record (child)
Parents listed on the record
Father not listed on the record with documentary proof that he is the father (such as a paternity adjudication, stipulation or properly completed Voluntary Acknowledgment of Parentage)
Legal guardian of the child
Legal representative of the child
Marriages of Person Born Out-of-Wedlock: Access to marriage certificates when the bride or groom was born out-of-wedlock is limited by §2A, Chapter 46, M.G.L. to the following:

Bride or groom
Legal representative of the bride or groom
Parent or guardian of the bride or groom

Helpful Links

Copyright 2006, City of Everett. All rights reserved.
484 Broadway• Everett, MA 02149 • (617) 389-2100 • webmaster@ci.everett.ma.us