Website City of Everett
Posting ID: 2022-0028
Posting Date: 05/16/2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Department: Human Resources
Location: 484 Broadway, Everett, MA
Salary: Up to $95,000
About the City of Everett
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett, prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City, Everett is now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Assisting with labor-management activities with assigned employee unions; Investigate compliance matters related to FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other employment regulations and provide recommendations based on information gathered. Maintaining a positive, responsive, and productive working relationship with the union and City representatives; A master’s degree in Public Administration, industrial/labor relations, or a Juris Doctor degree is strongly preferred. Demonstrated oral advocacy and written communication skills; Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical abilities; Strong understanding of principles of sound labor relations; Ability to analyze and respond to labor relations inquiries in a sound, well-reasoned manner within appropriate and frequently limited timeframes. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities. The primary function of the Human Resource Assistant Director is to coordinate HR policies and programs, ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the Director of Human Resources in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs. Develop, implement, and control programs to ensure cost effectiveness, market competitiveness, and internal equity among employees.
- Assist the HR director in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports about employee personnel information and data, including benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management, employees, and retirees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. In addition, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, this position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Applicants must have at least (A) three (3) years of full time or, equivalent part-time, professional, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management of which (B) at least two (2) years must have been in project management, supervisory or managerial capacity or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required (A) experience.
- A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted or three (3) years of the required (A) experience;
- A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for (4) years of required (A) experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) current certification.
- Prior payroll management experience.
- Prior experience benefits management experience.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. You can apply on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/assistant-director-human-resources-71184bd852195dfb or send a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department by email: Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us
For a disability-related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us