Website City of Everett
About the City of Everett
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City, Everett is now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Everett’s Grant Administrator & Grant Writer will work under the supervision of the Department of Planning & Development and work closely alongside both the Department of Transportation & Mobility as well as the Engineering Department.
The position is responsible for identifying grant opportunities, securing grants which pertain to the three aforementioned departments, and assisting in the management of approved grants. Between the three departments, the City of Everett is currently administering and/or applying for over $100,000,000 in grant funds, impacting multiple important sectors of the municipality, including affordable housing, infrastructure, conservation/sustainability, resiliency, open space, transportation improvements, roadwork, and building improvements.
- Conducts research to identify, apply for, administer, supervise, coordinate, and monitor federal, state, and local grants in accordance with applicable standards, regulations, and guidelines;
- Interacts with federal, state, and local agencies to ensure that grant projects comply with program guidelines for expenditure, funding, and accountability;
- Researches and analyzes legislation relating to federal, state, and local grant programs;
- works in close coordination with the Finance Department to update one another on relevant controlling legislation;
- Works in close conjunction with City Department Heads to determine which programs could be funded through grants;
- Prepares grant applications and proposals for submittal, including writing, reviewing, and editing grant applications and proposals;
- Provides answers to inquiries from the public, State department administrators, City employees and elected officials, and those requesting assistance;
- Performs related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public and business administration;
- Knowledge of the organization, functions, and activities of the various sectors of the City of Everett and those pertaining to other governmental agencies;
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures;
- Knowledge of research techniques and the sources and availability of current information;
- Knowledge of municipal accounting, financing, auditing, and expenditure control systems and procedures;
- Ability to prepare meaningful and informative special and regular financial and statistical reports;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing facts and arriving at conclusions;
- Ability to establish and maintenance effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public;
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions;
- Ability to express complex details surrounding grant details, financial details, and application process details effectively, both orally and in writing, to both staff and the public;
- Ability to work collaboratively in an office setting.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, or Finance-related field; Educational background in Law, Engineering, and/or Environmental Policy also strongly considered.
Work Schedule and Salary:
Monday-Thursday schedule, 35 hours per week. Starting salary ranges from $80,000 – $90,000
For a disability-related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. In addition, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, this position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. The City of Everett does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ae, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by a applicable federal, state or local law. The city of Everett encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans, and all other qualified applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to Hiring@ci.everett.ma.us