Website City of Everett
Intern – Transportation Planning
The City of Everett, Massachusetts is offering an exciting opportunity for a Transportation Planning/Engineering student as a temporary intern. Under the general direction of the City’s Director of Transportation, this position will provide assistance to engineering and planning staff, including both office and field work. Assignments will require knowledge and application of planning and engineering principles for such purposes as performing data/spatial analysis (GIS), Data collection, parking studies, assisting with implementation of Transportation Demand Management policies. Candidates must be able to perform in both field and office environments.
This position will be for approximately 6 months and is part time (approx. 18 hours per week) with schedule negotiable. The hourly rate will depend on qualifications and will be in the range of $25 per hour.
- Perform various data/GIS analysis for the city
- Collect data from City streets and other infrastructure to support ongoing planning initiatives.
- Assist with the implementation of Complete Streets construction projects
- Assist staff with day-to-day planning and engineering tasks
- Synthesize data into well written narratives that can be used to apply for various grant opportunities
- Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
Education and Experience Requirements: To be eligible for this internship opportunity, students must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college, pursuing a degree related to civil engineering and/or urban transportation planning and have a working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite and Geographic Information Systems technology such as ArcGIS Pro.
Please send resumes and cover letters no later than Friday, June 2nd to:
Jay Monty – Director of Transportation and Mobility
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org