Website City of Everett
Posting ID: 2021-0030
Posting Date: 10/14/2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $27.30 – $30.71 – Hourly
Hours: 40hrs per week
Position Type: Full-time
About the City of Everett:
The City of Everett is a desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett, prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Under the direct supervision of the DPW Director and Superintendent, patrols and guards municipal buildings and property. Answers night telephone, check boilers and does miscellaneous cleaning work. Assists in other public work functions as required, such as operating a truck, maintain a watch to see proper safety precautions and prevent trespassing. Performs tasks that require driving and operating heavy equipment with a gross vehicle weight of over 26000 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Empty all city barrels nightly using the City’s Trash Truck.
- Carries city-owned telephone and responds immediately to all 911 service calls to address the issue. If unable to handle the problem, must notify the Superintendent and DPW Director of the issue for immediate response to rectify the situation.
- Use proper closing procedures to close parks as well as the Glenwood Cemetery.
- Must be able to place saw horses or barriers in strategic locations and coordinate with 911 in flooded streets, water main breaks, and snow emergencies.
- Drive a snowplow and handle routine maintenance duties in parks, playgrounds, and cemeteries.
- Must be able to interact with the general public tactfully.
- Additional duties as needed and required by management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience or training in various maintenance skills and heavy equipment operation.
- CDL Class B License, Massachusetts Driver’s License in good standing, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Hoisting License.
How to Apply
You can apply online at https://www.indeed.com/job/night-watchman-hmeo-2dbba64ac7cf8357 or sending a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department by email: email@example.com
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.