Website City of Everett
Temporary Food Delivery Driver
Posting ID: 2023-0021
Posting Date: 08/24/23
Closing Date: N/A
Salary: $18.88 per hour
Hours: 25 hrs per week
Shift: 8am – 1pm, Mon-Fri
Position Type: Temporary
About the City of Everett:
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett, prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City is now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Summary of Position:
The City of Everett is seeking a reliable delivery driver to deliver prepared meals to residents in need. To be a successful delivery driver, you should be efficient, friendly, service-oriented, professional, and timely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport prepared meals to residents throughout the City.
- Adhere to road and traffic regulations.
- Follow set, scheduled route for daily deliveries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to lift at least 25lb
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License in good standing and a satisfactory driving record
- Knowledge of how to handle materials safely, such as food or chemicals
- Familiarity with using navigation systems
- Time management to ensure deliveries are made on schedule
- Excellent vision and hand-eye coordination to stay safe while driving
- Physical ability to load and unload heavy cargo
How to Apply:
You can apply by sending your resume to Hiring@ci.everett.ma.us
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The City of Everett does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ae, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by a applicable federal, state or local law. The city of Everett encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans, and all other qualified applicants.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Hiring@ci.everett.ma.us