CITY OF EVERETT APPLICATION
RULES & REGULATIONS for Renting Parks
The City of Everett request a security deposit of $1,000 for park use and also a police detail upon request made by the City of Everett, if needed.
1. Application for Parks Reservation
Applicants must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Organizations applying to reserve the Park must be licensed or authorized to operate in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and the applicant or authorized representative must be present throughout the entire use of the rental.
- Applications are not automatically renewed. Time slots are not guaranteed from one year to the next.
- All applications are a matter of public record. Names of applicants and permitted users shall be made available upon request to other users, the media and other interested parties. The first step in reserving the Park is completion of the Everett Park Application Form included at the end of this package. Applications are available at the City Services Facility, 19 Norman Street, Everett, MA 02149.
2. When to Apply
Daily Reservations: Single daily-use reservations may be requested after January 15th for spring and summer reservations and after April 15th for fall reservations.
Seasonal Reservations: Reservations will be accepted twice a year:
- Reservations for spring/summer (April -August) will be accepted between December 1st and January 15th
- Reservations for fall (lateAugust-November) will be accepted between March1st and April 15th
- Applications received after the ending date above will be accommodated on a first-come, first-serve basis for remaining space in the Park’s schedule per the City’s priority of uses.
- Applications should be made a minimum of twenty (20) business days prior to the desired date of use.
- Applications submitted after this time may not be able to meet all the requirements for the reservation.
3. Processing Reservation Application
All seasonal reservation requests will be reviewed by the City Services Commission (Commission) according to the following timeline: ·
- All spring/summer requests for seasonal usage will be reviewed beginning January 16th•
- All fall requests for seasonal usage will be reviewed beginning April 16th.
All applications will be considered according to the City’s priorities for Park use (see City of Everett priorities for Park use on page 2) and the Park schedule. The Commission will make every effort to accommodate applications however, space and time limitations may not allow us to grant all requests. The Commission may contact one or more groups during the scheduling period to explore alternative scheduling that will allow us to maximize Park utilization and equitably accommodate as many requests as possible.
- Applicants will be notified on or about February 1st for spring and summer Park assignments.
- Applicants will be notified on or about May 1st for fall Park assignments.
All assignments are tentative pending payment of appropriate fees and documentation of necessary insurance or other required information as applicable. Park Assignment Notifications will include a request for payment of the appropriate fee. Some uses may require that the applicant obtain a Certificate of Insurance, EMT, or hire police detail or other security services to ensure public safety. These requirements will be noted on the Park Assignment Notice.
4. Processing Payment & Insurance Requirements
The Applicant should return full payment and proof of insurance (as necessary) within ten (10) business days after the date on the Park Assignment Notification unless an alternative agreement is reached with the Commission. This agreement should be noted in writing on each permit issued. Actual Park Use Permits will not be issued until the City has received the required payment and insurance certificates (when necessary) have been provided. Park reservations will be cancelled and reallocated to other users if payment and proof of insurance are not provided within five (5) business days of the Park Assignment Notice. Reservations are not confirmed until the applicant receives the Park Use Permit. Applicants should not distribute publicity or invitations regarding Park activities prior to issuance of the Park Use Permit. Separate fees must be paid for Park or time period used, even if located at the same Park.
- Whole season rentals will be required to pay a month in advance.
- Individual rentals will require a 14-business day advance payment. After 14 business days, only a money order will be accepted, no checks allowed.
Everett Park Fees
- Special Events and Private Organizations:
- Field Use: $500.00
- Permit fee: $125.00
- Clean-up fee: $220.00
- Concession fee (if needed): $ 50.00
- Lights (if needed): $ 40.00 / hour
- Labor Rate: $135.00 / 4 hour minimum
- Everett School Organizations: No charge
- Everett Youth Leagues: No charge
5. City of Everett Priorities for Park Use
With increasing demands for the use of the Park, the Commission may not be able to accommodate every applicant. Therefore the Commission applies the following considerations in allocating Park use:
No events or activities shall be scheduled which are likely to damage the Park field, irrigation systems or other City resources. Athletic fields designed and maintained for sports activities shall be primarily used for their intended purpose during appropriate seasons.
6. Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellation by the Applicant:
The Commission’s cancellation policy has been developed to discourage the last minute cancellation of events. Our goal is to offer low-cost sports Park use for organized groups and individuals. If a cancellation is received on short notice, the Commission’s ability to make the Park available to other users is severely limited. The cancellation/refund policy is therefore structured to offer the greatest refund in instances where the City has the highest probability of re-renting the Park.
- Cancellation of single day Park rentals must be made a minimum of seven (7) days in advance to receive a refund of daily reservations fees.
- Cancellation of seasonal Park reservations must be made according to the following schedule to receive a refund of seasonal Park reservations.
- Spring/summer seasonal cancellation must be made before March 15th
- Fall seasonal cancellations must be made before August 1st
It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide written notification of cancellations. The Commission will not be held responsible for cancellations made by telephone.
Cancellations can only be accepted from the applicant (the person who signed ‘the reservation application), not from anyone else acting on their behalf. This policy is designed to prevent the unauthorized cancellation of an event.
Cancellation by the City:
The Commission reserves the right to cancel any use of facilities and/or equipment in emergency situations or when deemed necessary for public safety or facility protection. In such cases, the Commission will provide a full refund of all payments or provide an opportunity for future Park use. Every effort will be made to notify the applicant of a necessary cancellation at the earliest possible date. Refunds will not be issued for inclement weather. The City cannot refund light costs. However, the Commission will attempt to accommodate makeup dates at the end of the season.
7. Liability Insurance
All applicants must complete an indemnification form. The Applicant shall indemnify, defend and save harmless the City of Everett, its officers and employees from and against all suits, actions, claims, demands, damages, losses, expenses, and costs of every kind and description to which the City may be subject or put by reason or injury (including death) to persons or property in the event of accident or injury while using Everett Park. For some events and activities, the City may require the applicant to obtain Comprehensive General Insurance. Notice of this insurance requirement must be provided·with the Notice of Park Assignment. When required, the Comprehensive General Liability Policy shall insure against all claims and demands for bodily injury and property damage, with minimum limits of
$1,000,000 per occurrence and $1,000,000 in the aggregate. The City shall be named as an “additional insured” in all policies for such insurance. The Applicant (and their heirs, successors and assigns in interest) shall hold harmless, defend and indemnify the City of Everett and its employees and agents from any responsibility, liability and claims arising or resulting from usage of the Park. The policy must read: City of Everett, 484 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149. The certificate of insurance for the required policy must be on file with the City of Everett prior to the use of the Park.
8. Additional Responsibilities
The Applicant will be responsible for any and all damages to City property or equipment. If after an activity, additional janitorial maintenance is required (in excess of normal cleaning services/time), the applicant will be charged accordingly. The applicant will be held responsible for all actions, behavior, and damages caused by his/her participants, guests or attendees. The individual or organization granted
use is responsible for reimbursing the City for any loss or damage to property caused by such use.TheCommission has the right to revoke any permit(s) issued due to the group causing damage to the Park byinappropriatebehaviororactivitiescausedbythegroup’suseofthePark.
9. Park Cleanliness
All Park· users share in the responsibility to help keep the Park clean and safe by requiring that players, fans, and coaches place all trash in barrels or remove it from the site. If you find the Park is consistently littered by another group please report concerns to the City at 617-394-2382 or
617-944-0250. Repeated complaints regarding a particular group may result in permit cancellation and/or denial of permit applications in subsequent years.
10. Inclement Weather
Refunds will not be issued for inclement weather (such as lightning storms or high winds). However, the Commission will attempt to accommodate makeup dates at the end of the season.
11. Park Rehabilitation
The City may periodically remove Everett Park from the reservation system for one or more seasons for rehabilitation. Steady use of the Park results in turf damage and other problems that will result in poorer quality field. The City appreciates your patience and understanding when your favorite Park is scheduled for rest or rehabilitation.
12. Park Availabilitv
Special Events and Private Organizations cannot be scheduled before 9:00 a.m. or past 10:30 p.m.
Everett Schools & Everett Youth Leagues can be scheduled as follows:
- Sunday- Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 7:00 a.m. -10:30 p.m.
Restrooms are NOT available at all Parks. Applicants must make every effort to ensure that the rooms are kept clean and well-maintained during the course of events. Applicants will be allowed to rent portable rest rooms if needed.
14. Locker Rooms
Locker rooms are not available for use.
15. Sound System
Use of the sound system is limited only to Everett School organizations and Everett Youth Leagues.
The sound system can be used Monday through Saturday during the scheduled times. The sound system cannot be used on Sunday until 12:00 Noon.
Request for use of the scoreboard must be made at the time of the initial application. It is not available for use if requested at a later date.
Everett Parks have night lighting. In the event that lights are not operational when scheduled by your group, please contact the City at 617-594-0601.
18. Staffing & Police Details
Applicants are required to bring sufficient staff to adequately maintain crowd control.
A minimum of two (2) police details are required for all Special Events and Private Organizations. If necessary, additional police details could be required.
19. Parking at Everett Stadium
Cars and buses should park in the large parking lot to the right of the Park, located on Spring Street. Cars parked inside the Park in any of the driveways or on the concourse, or behind the stands on Cabot Street are subject to ticketing and/or towing. Only vehicles unloading and loading the concession stand are allowed in the Park and then must be removed immediately thereafter. It is imperative emergency vehicles are allowed to access inside the Park.
20. General Rules & Regulations
The City retains the right to set conditions and requirements suitable to safe, reasonable, and orderly use of its facilities:
- As stated in the City of Everett Code of Ordinances – “No person shall give, sell, deliver, have in his/heipossession, or consume any alcoholic beverage in a public park, playground, rest area, school building, dance hall, theatre, swimming pool or skating rink located in the City of Everett.”
- Teams may only bring water onto the turf.
- If there is any damage caused by ball playing, the offending team must pay for any and all damages. Failure to make restitution in any way, or unmannerly conduct, such as foul language, public urination or illegal drug use, shall be punishable by the cancellation of the playing permit. Permits are granted subject to the following conditions:
- Failure to use stated dates on any occasion, automatically forfeits your teams remaining dates unless your team notifies the Commission of cancellation prior to the game.
- Permits are not transferable and any organization involved in the transfer of a scheduled date from one club or organization to another without permission from the Commission, shall automatically forfeit remaining dates.
- Weekly dates do not include holidays. Permits for holidays must be obtained separately.
- Permits issued for any date can be revoked by the City Services Commission.
- Issuance of this permit holds the permitted teams responsible to clean the area after each event, which includes the field, bench area and concession stand. Teams are required to collect any trash in these areas and place in the receptacles, if receptacles are full, leave all refuse next to container for the next day’s trash pickup. Failure to obey this rule will jeopardize permit status for the team or the league.
- Any person(s) violating the established Rules & Regulations or constituting a public nuisance may be required to leave the premises.
- The misuse of the field, failure to conform to field regulations, or any other Federal of State law, rule, or regulation, shall be sufficient reason for immediate termination of permit. No refund will be granted.
- Permits are only to use the Park and time specifically designated in the Park Application Form. There may be another group following yours, so it is essential that your group vacate the Park by the scheduled ending time.
- Selling food or other items may be subject to an additional fee for the right to conduct sales on public property. Vendors must adhere to all State, County, and City health requirements and permitting. Sales of any kind must be approved in writing by the Commission prior to the activity.
- All events charging an admission fee will require special written approval by the Commission.
- •Amplified sound is not permitted in the Park without written approval by the Commission. Groups must strictly adhere to any noise-related guidelines.
- City staff shall have the right to enter the Park at any time during any and all use for observation of activities.
- The Commission may revoke or suspend the right to make a reservation as a means of a disciplinary action.
- Park use permits/reservations cannot be transferred, assigned, or sublet.
- Park users are not allowed to apply any chemicals on the field or turf.
- All signs and advertising are prohibited without the written permission from the Commission.
- Signs or decorations many not be tied, stapled, etc. to plants or structures.
- No vehicles are to be driven or parked on City property, except under strict staff supervision. Any unauthorized vehicle on City property will be cited and towed at owner’s expense.
- The City shall regulate or prohibit such activity or use, which in its judgment is determined to be of a hazardous nature or is potentially dangerous or damaging to property or is not in the best interest of the City of Everett.
- The City is not responsible for accident, injury, or loss of individual property.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Park or on Park grounds.
- No pets are allowed in the Park.