Department of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Engage. Educate. Elevate.
To cultivate, advance and foster a culture of belonging in the City of Everett where all people who live, work, and visit have equitable access to the resources and opportunities the City offers.
The Department of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) works daily for residents to meet the City of Everett’s social mandate and its legal obligation to govern in a fair, just and equitable manner. Working closely with other City departments, residents, vendors, and officials, the department:
- Provides guidance and oversight for city-wide DEI related activities and initiatives.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Department to promote and sustain a workplace culture free from harassment and discrimination.
- Offers meaningful trainings that strengthen core competencies in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Advocates for consistent and continuous inclusion and accessibility protocols and procedures that respond to both the anticipated needs and lived experiences of Everett residents.
- Supports underrepresented residents, community groups and organizations by working to resolve barriers to access to available opportunities and resources in the city.
- Creates, promotes, and sustains opportunities that alleviate the impact of all forms of systemic oppression on impacted Everett residents.
- Curates, cultivates and expands opportunities for community building, cultural awareness, immersion and exchange between all Everett residents.
Everett City Hall
Everett, MA 02149
Monday & Thursday, 8am to 7:30pm
Tuesday and Wednesday, 8am to 5pm