To provide financial, educational, and health related benefits and programs to the veterans and their and families.


The Veterans Officer for the City of Everett is appointed by the Mayor. Its authority is derived from chapter 115 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth. The Department is supervised by the Office of the Commissioner of Veterans Services and in part by the state for all funds expended.


Antoine Coleman
Director of Veterans Affairs
[email protected]

Phone Number:

Veterans Office
Connolly Center 90 Chelsea Street
Everett, MA 02149

Monday, 8am to 4:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday, 8am to 5:00 pm
Friday, 8am to noon

Staff Directory

Antoine Coleman
Director of Veterans Affairs
[email protected]

Gerri Miranda
Veterans Agent
[email protected]


Assistance is rendered in the matter of pension, financial need, filing claims with the Veterans affairs or Social Security, education benefits, home loans, hospitalization and medical care, as well as the time of death of a veteran.

Additionally, the office is open to any veteran or service personnel who wished to talk about any matter pertaining to his or her well-being. Visitation will be made to those veterans or veteran spouses unable to visit the office.


[email protected]

Monday 8 am – 4pm
Tuesday & Thursday 8 am – 5pm
Friday 8 am – 12pm

War Time Papers

The office requests that all veterans who serviced during a wartime period file a copy of their discharge and DD214 with the Veterans Officer.

Helpful & Related Links

Frequently Asked Questions

The Veterans Office has a vast library of WW11, Korea, and some Vietnam records available. If the Veteran enlisted from the Commonwealth, we would have access via the Veterans records website. Veterans Page

In an emergency situation Veterans who are registered with the Veteran Affair (VA) medical facility are advised to seek the nearest medical facility and to advise them they are Veterans and need to be treated and transported to the nearest Veterans Hospital.

For all other medical assistance, you can call the VA Hospital at Jamaica Plain at, 617-232-9500.

A disability can be processed either on line via the Veteran Affair’s (VA) website or assistance through the office.

A veteran must prove their disability accrued thru military service of a result of their service. Medical transcripts are part of the process as well as any other supporting documentation. Veteran Affair’s Website

Burial assistance can be discussed at the Veterans Office here at the armory.

Grave markers are provided free of charge for Veterans, and burials are provided at either Bourne National Veterans Cemetery or, 1 of 2 state Veterans cemeteries at, Agawam, and Winchendon Massachusetts. This service is free as well. Veteran Affair’s Website

The Mayor’s Office of Veterans Service in conjunction with the State Department of Veterans Services provides financial services via Chapter 115. This service is for Veterans, Spouse’s and widows of Veterans.

There is a financial formula that must be met determined by the state as to need.

This office can answer any question regarding this benefit and welcome you to apply. Veterans Page

Aid and attendance is benefit for elderly Veterans and their spouses who are homebound and are in need of constant care for feeding, clothing and showering. A form is required to apply for this benefit and the Veteran must have served during war time service. Contact this office for further information as there are other requirements that must be met for this benefit.

Most post 911 GI education benefits can be more easily answered by contacting the Veterans education representative at the school in which you want to apply too. Any other question regarding education, such as vocational training, can be discussed at this veteran’s office. Veterans Page

Any Veteran who served in the Armed Forces as a Veteran is entitled to a Welcome Home Bonus.

We would be happy to assist anyone needing help, please visit our website.

Applications can be accessed through the Veteran Affair’s (VA) website. Additional assistance can be accommodated at the Veterans office at the Armory. Veteran Affair’s Website

To be eligible for most Veteran Affair (VA) benefits, the claimant must be a veteran or, in some circumstances, the
survivor or the dependent of a veteran. By statute, a veteran is defined as a “person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released there from under conditions other than dishonorable. An applicant must have “active military, naval, or air service” to be considered a veteran for most VA benefits.

In general, active service means full-time service, other than active duty for training, as a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or as a commissioned officer of the Public Health Service, the Environmental Science Services Administration or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or its predecessor, the Coast and Geodetic Survey.

The determination of whether a claimant has met the “active service” requirement may not be a simple process. It is possible that the claimant and the VA may have to scrutinize the claimant’s service record(s) to determine whether the claimant’s service fits into one of the many categories of active service, or whether an exception has been made for his or her service, so that it is considered to be active service for the purposes of veterans’ benefits.