What Can Be Recycled?
- Newspaper with inserts
- Soft-cover books
- Telephone books
- Office/Computer/School paper
- All junk mail (plastic windows removed)
- Clean paperboard, shoe boxes, egg cartons, cereal boxes
- Corrugated cardboard – flattened, and tied or taped, to 3′ x 3′
- NO PLASTIC BAGS – Bring to grocery store with bread, newspaper and dry cleaning bags
Place loose or shredded paper in a stapled brown paper bag to prevent litter.
- Glass, bottles/jars – No broken or other glass such as light bulbs, window or auto glass, dishes, glasses, Pyrex
- Metal cans, clean aluminum foil and aerosol cans – No paint cans
- All plastic containers labeled with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 (3 gal. size max)
- No motor oil or chemical containers
- No Styrofoam
- No antifreeze, motor oil, pesticide, or other toxic fluid containers.
How to Obtain Recycling Bins?
- Call 311 to order – DPW will deliver!
What to Do with Recycling Bin?
Place your recycling barrel curbside by 6 a.m., and at least 5′ away from other barrels, mailboxes, poles, shrubs, vehicles, fences, walls, etc.
Again no soiled paper products (pizza boxes, paper plates, tissues, etc.)
- No tape, string or plastic bags
- No waxed paper or waxed boxes, painted or crayoned paper, or frozen food boxes
- No trash, yard waste or food waste!
Printable Banners and Signs
Trash, Yard & Waste Collection