Website City of Everett
Posting ID: 2023-0026
Posting Date: 09/25/2023
Closing Date: 10/05/2023
Department: Tax Collectors Department
Location: Everett City Hall
Salary: $24.32 – $32.27 / hour
Schedule: 35 hours per week
About the City of Everett:
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett prides itself on the progress it’s made while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Under the general direction of the Treasurer/Tax Collector, performs skilled clerical, bookkeeping, and record keeping work of normal difficulty in maintaining and processing financial records accounts transactions and all other related work as required. Reports directly to the Assistant Collector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs skilled clerical, bookkeeping, and record keeping work of ordinary difficulty in maintaining and processing financial records, account transactions, and all other related work as required.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of departmental operations.
- Assist in issuing permits for a variety of departmental services.
- Provide counter and telephone service assistant to the general public.
- Interact with all divisions within the city departments, state and federal agencies as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Accepts all tax payments and processes cash, check and credit card payments.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of administrative/clerical experience, including extensive familiarity with the department’s specific functions.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Exercise judgment and make responsible decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures prioritize, organize and perform work independently.
- Deal tactfully with the general public, both in-person and through telephone conversation, and convey concise and accurate explanations of policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and public officials, and effectively and discreetly convey information.
- Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of Windows, MS Word, Excel, and/or other spreadsheet software.
- Prior experience dealing with cash transactions.
Physical Skills: Minimal physical demands are required to perform most of the work. The work principally involves sitting, with intermittent periods of stooping, walking, and standing. May be required to lift objects such as files, boxes of papers, office supplies, and office equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
Motor Skills: Duties are primarily mental rather than physical, but the job may occasionally require minimal motor skills for activities such as moving objects, using office equipment, including but not limited to telephones, personal computers, handheld technology, and other office equipment.
Visual Skills: Visual demands require routinely reading documents for general understanding and analytical purposes.
To apply for this position, please apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com