What is Narcan (Naloxone)?
- Narcan is a medication that reverses an opioid overdose.
- Narcan can be given nasally, intravenously, or through intramuscular injection by medical professionals.
- Narcan is used by medical professionals and people who have been trained to administer.
- Narcan works in 1-3 minutes and lasts 30-90 minutes.
- If it takes longer than 3-5 minutes, a second dose is recommended.
- Overdose can return, call 911 and stay with the individual until emergency personnel arrive.
Where can I get Narcan?
Speak to your medical provider to get a prescription
- Walgreens Pharmacy, 317 Ferry Street, Everett
phone: 617-389-2188, no prescription needed. 24 hour pharmacy.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, 405 Broadway, Everett
phone: 617-387-0005, no prescription needed.
Other recommended sites:
- Cambridge Needle Exchange (Phone: 617-599-0246) 359 Green Street, Cambridge, MA
- Northeast Behavioral Health (Phone: 781-592-0243) 100 Green Street, Lynn MA
- North Suffolk Mental Health (Phone: 617-912-7554) 265 Beach Street, Revere, MA
- Learn 2 Cope Meetings
- MA Substance Abuse Helpline (Phone: 800-327-5050), helpline-online.com