Skip to main content

I’m selling my house, how do I handle my final bill?

When selling property or change of ownership occurs, it is important that all matters regarding water and sewer charges to the property are finalized with the seller. To ensure that no unnecessary charges will be passed onto a buyer, a final water/sewer read must be ordered that will show a complete and final reading and that all previous charges to the property under the seller’s name have been paid. The final water/sewer reading will be added to the MLC. This is to ensure that the new owner does not inherit the water and sewer bill from the previous owner.

The process is as follows:

  1.  The buyer, seller or real estate broker requests an application for a Final Water and Sewer Bill. This request can be made by downloading the Final Bill Request Form.
  2. The completed application can be emailed to [email protected] or filed in person at the Everett Water Department offices located at 19 Norman St., Everett, MA 02149. For further information call the Everett’s Water Department at (617-394-2325)
  3. In order to properly prepare a certificate, a meter technician must obtain a reading from the inside water meter which is always within 2 weeks of the closing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make arrangements to access to the meter. The fee of $150.00 will be added to the final bill.

Final Bill Request Form

Tag: water
Close Menu