COVID-19 Emergency Resource Center
The City of Everett is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak in Massachusetts and taking proactive steps to support containment efforts and prepare for further spread of the disease. Regular updates will be shared here and via social media, Facebook and Instagram.
The health and economic impacts of COVID-19 are devastating and is impacting every person in the City of Everett community. We are seeking guidance and funding from both the Federal and State governments, meanwhile the City is coordinating further assistance to support small businesses, individuals, students, seniors and every Everett resident.
Below is a list of resources. We will continuously update this page as it occurs.
If you have questions or concerns call Everett City Hall at 3-1-1, calls must be made within the city limits.
Mon & Thursday, 8am – 7:30pm,
Tues & Wed, 8am – 5pm,
Friday, Sat. & Sunday, 8am – 8pm.
City Hall Hours:
First Floor only Mondays and Thursdays: 8am – 7:30pm
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8am – 5pm
Most Recently Updated Documents and Links.
Sign Up for CodeRED notifications today.
Receive vital information from the City of Everett via Phone, email, or text. Opt for any of these formats or all three. You may also opt for emergency only notices. TDD formatted for the hearing impaired. Stay in touch by letting us reach out to you.
Legislative Updates & Legislation
State and federal legislation is being enacted almost daily. Below is a list in response to COVID-19:
Important Contact Information
Information is being disseminated at the federal, state and local levels. It may be hard to keep track of all the latest updates and information. Call or visit these websites for the most current information relating to COVID-19 best health practices and assistance programs.
- City of Everett Updates can be found on this Resource Page, Mayor Carlo DeMaria’s Facebook or Instagram (@mayorcarlodemaria) pages, and the City of Everett Facebook and Instagram (@cityofeverettma) pages
- 3-1-1: Constituent Services, Everett City Hall is functioning remotely to combat COVID-19 as well respond to other constituent questions and issues. Please call constituent Services at 311, Everyday of the week, 8a to 7:30p Monday and Thursday, 8:00a to 5:00pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 8:00am to 8:00pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Massachusetts Updates and Resources: for the latest updates and executive orders from Governor Baker related the COVID-19 emergency, visit Massachusetts Department of Health. Updates, emergency orders, and guidance associated with COVID-19 State of Emergency, click here.
- Federal Resources: National Institute of Health, Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Map shows confirmed cases by country and state,
- Text “COVIDMA” to 888-777 to receive updates and important announcements from the State of Massachusetts relating to COVID-19.
Important Contact Information
For the latest guidelines visit the US Center for Disease Controls. Governor Baker has instituted a Shelter in Place advisory. To protect yourself and others, practice social distance (stay 6 feet away from others) when you have to leave the house
Food Assistance Programs
Free meal and food assistance is being provided for:
- Seniors: Meals-to-Go and meal-delivery are being brought to seniors in need. Any senior who needs a meal delivered, please call 311 or contact Dale Palma at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 617.394.2323.
- Students: Meals-to-Go will be provided by the City of Everett from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Whittier School and at Everett High School. THIS SERVICE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Food Pantries: Grace Food Pantry (50 Church St Everett) and Elliot Family Resource Center
- Project Bread: website and hotline is toll-free at 1.800.645.8333
Everett Public Schools
Massachusetts Schools will remain closed for the remainder of the school year. Everett Public Schools has instituted a distance learning program starting March 31st using Google Chrome books all grade levels. For more information visit:
- Everett Public School District Home Page
- Distance Learning Program & How to get a Chrome Book
- Meals-To-Go Program: POSTPONED:Meals will be provided by the City of Everett from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Whittier School and at Everett High School. For updates Click-Here THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
If you are not yet eligible for Unemployment Benefits.
Small Business Assistance
Small Business Assistance is being provided in the form of loans, grants, and loan forgiveness programs for the State of Massachusetts, U.S. Small Business Administration, and philanthropic organizations and businesses.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance:
provides low-interest, long-term disaster loans to businesses of all sizes (including start-ups), private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters to repair or replace uninsured/underinsured disaster damaged property. SBA disaster loans offer an affordable way for individuals and businesses to recover from declared disasters.
Apply and learn more.
- Remote Mentoring from SCORE:
SCORE Mentors are available to provide assistance remotely. Find a mentor to work with online.
- The Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network:
Get in touch with the Northeast Regional Office to speak to a counselor. MSBDC advisors can assist businesses with disaster loan applications.
: The State’s Office of Workforce and Labor offers a WorkShare program that allows for businesses to reduce the hours of permanent full-time and part-time employees from 10% up to 60% with the remainder of hours being made up with Unemployment Assistance.
- Intake Form for Small Businesses