Website City of Everett
Temporary Energy Advocate – The City of Everett
Posting Date: 12/27/2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Department: Planning & Development
Location: 484 Broadway, Everett, MA
Salary: $28.84 / hour (non-union)
Schedule: Part-Time-20 hours per week, flexible
About the City of Everett
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett, prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City, Everett is now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
City of Everett’s Energy Advocate: 20 hrs per week
The Energy Advocate will lead Everett’s participation in the Mass Save Community First Partnership (CFP) program. The CFP is a community outreach program administered by our local gas and electric providers, National Grid (“Mass Save Program Sponsors”), with a goal to increase participation in Mass Save energy efficiency programs, especially among renters, landlords, moderate income households, language-isolated households, and small businesses.
The Energy Advocate will foster community engagement, energy efficiency program enrollment, and an increased knowledge base about Mass Save programs. This is an exciting opportunity for an organized, people-oriented individual who is passionate about expanding access to beneficial energy-saving programs in our community and who wants to work as a part of a cross-sector team to have a measurable, positive impact.
Duties & Responsibilities
Engage residents and small businesses to increase participation in Mass Save energy efficiency programs among priority groups
- Demonstrate self-motivation and commitment to this position by leading public engagement with the guidance of the partnering organizations on the Community Partner Team and leadership of Mass Save Program Sponsors.
- Manage development and implementation of a Community-Based Social Marketing campaign to promote community-wide behavioral change
- Connect residents and small businesses with energy efficiency programs and products through public engagement strategies, such as events, presentations and local media
- Actively communicate with customers to guide them through the application process for Mass Save programs
Build partnerships to expand reach and facilitate smooth access to efficiency programs
- Recruit and support local nonprofit organizations to help with designing and implementing the local Community-Based Social Marketing campaign
- Collaborate across a diverse group of partners, including community-based organizations and municipalities, to increase public engagement and participation in Mass Save Program
- Consult with Mass Save Program Sponsors on customer-specific questions to help customers access energy efficiency programs and products,
- Support coordination between Mass Save program vendors and customers
Track and report local participation barriers and outreach efforts
- Contribute to planning, implementation, and tracking of all local CFP deliverables.
- Track program participation barriers by building relationships with program applicants and supporting them through the program enrollments process.
- Maintain data about ongoing outreach efforts and impact
- Meet with program implementation vendors and Mass Save Program Sponsors to communicate program findings and tactics and report on local progress.
Actively participate in cross-community learning and feedback opportunities to enhance program
- Attend all training and orientation activities for the Energy Advocate role.
- Serve as an ambassador for customers by providing feedback, supporting the administration of surveys and customer feedback tools to remove barriers to program participation.
- Commitment to increasing participation in Mass Save energy efficiency programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead public engagement and community outreach initiative
- Ability to input data in designated and approved program software
- Experience communicating and working with populations diverse in language, socio-economic status, race/ethnicity and/or cultural backgrounds
- Ability to complete and submit standardized program reporting material
- Ability to work with a group and on individual projects as assigned
- Ability to communicate, stay organized, and be comfortable with public speaking
- Creativity in outreach, engagement and marketing approaches
- After appropriate training, the ability to track program participation barriers
- Ability to attend meetings and report out on Community Partner Team progress
- Collaborate with other team members including, Community Solutions Partner, Sustainability Planner and Planning team.
The City of Everett is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation/identification, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to Hiring@ci.everett.ma.us