Website City of Everett
Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
About the City of Everett
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City, Everett is now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Assisting with HR administrative activities. Being able to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor with all city employees to answer any HR related questions or concerns in a timely manner. Assist with the daily operational functions of the HR department such as recruitment, benefits administration, leave processes, employee relations, culture work, training and development and professional development plans.
This role works closely with the Director of Human Resources and must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Helps administer various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
- Actively engages in team collaboration around department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administratively assists with posting jobs, job descriptions, correspondence, policies and procedures and general office duties as it relates to the HR department.
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining employee database and sorting emails for the HR department
- Maintain proper records of employee attendance and leaves and time off requests
- Assist HR Director in policy formulation, hiring and salary administration
- Submit online job postings, shortlist candidates and schedule job interviews
- Coordinate orientation and training sessions for new employees
- Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution to their queries
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Perform CORI/SORI checks and coordinate drug testing
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of administrative tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software
- Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Coaching skills
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and analytically driven
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) current certification.
- 2-3 years of HR generalist experience
- Prior payroll management experience.
- Prior experience benefits management experience.
Work Schedule and Salary:
- M-TH schedule, 35 hours per week
- Starting salary is 65,000-75,000/year depending on experience
For a disability-related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. In addition, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, this position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. The City of Everett does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ae, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by a applicable federal, state or local law. The city of Everett encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans, and all other qualified applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us