Website City of Everett
Posting ID: 2022-0021
Posting Date: 04/25/2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Department: Department of Public Works
Location: Everett, MA
Salary: $37.92 – $42.66
Schedule: 40 hours per week
About the City of Everett:
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett, prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City is now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all gas and diesel vehicles. Inspect and repair less complex apparatus and tools. Perform major and minor repairs and servicing gasoline and diesel-powered motor vehicles and equipment. These include but are not limited to the inspection, troubleshooting, adjustment, replacement of parts, and repair of all types of motor equipment. The responsibilities covered by this job description are not all-inclusive
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete the periodic preventative maintenance and repair of cars, trucks, tractors, forklifts, street sweepers, and heavy construction equipment, both gasoline and diesel-powered.
- Complete the repair of motors, perform brake adjustments, and replace fan belts, hose connections alternator, etc., on both gasoline and diesel-powered equipment.
- Repair and maintain small engine equipment such as power mowers, snowblowers, and similarly sized equipment.
- Repair tires on all-size vehicles, locate and seal punctures, and remove tires from the wheel to balance or replace.
- Lubricate all motorized equipment; perform greasing; drain and refill crankcase; check transmission and differential levels; and add fluid as required.
- Perform repair, installation, and maintenance of automotive electrical systems; install and maintain storage batteries; and perform complete tune-ups.
- Frequently check fuel and oil levels on all motor vehicles, and replenish.
- Operate electric and gas welding equipment and bronzing and burning tools when repairing vehicles.
- Repair and rebuild hydraulic pumps, cylinders, and equipment.
- Assist the Working Foreman in maintaining an inventory of commonly used parts.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of skilled repair of diesel equipment; troubleshooting diesel equipment to determine repairs; maintaining and repairing diesel engines on trucks, heavy construction equipment, and other diesel-powered equipment; repairing the ignition, fuel, and electrical systems; disassembles and overhauls engines and transmissions; replaces clutches and other parts. In addition, performs other preventive maintenance work such as adjusting breaks and related work.
- Ability to perform repairs to diesel engines in accordance with 5841C specifications.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have own tools.
- Massachusetts Driver’s License. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a hoisting license.
- Experience in similar work and skills in the repair and maintenance of gas and diesel vehicles and the use of tools.
- Experience maintaining and repairing various vehicles and equipment with some knowledge of diesel engine repair, welding experience preferred.
- Must be ASE Certified, Diesel Certified, and Heavy Truck Certified.
How to Apply:
You can apply on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/motor-equipment-repairman-1e730659ae18b381 or, please send resumes to Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us
For a disability-related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us