Website City of Everett
In House Job Posting
Posting ID: 2021-0035
Posting Date: 10/25/2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $18.20 – $24.27 – Hourly
Hours: 35hrs per week
Shift: Day – 1 PM to 8 PM
Position Type: Full-time
The first consideration is given to those who apply within the first 14 days.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the Parking Clerk, performs duties required for the enforcement of all parking rules and regulations of the City of Everett.
- Patrols assigned areas to identify, report, and tag illegally parked cars.
- Issues notices of violations to offenders in tag form.
- Identify and report vehicles eligible for impoundment.
- Patrols and enforces the Resident Sticker program and issues parking tickets accordingly.
- Report damaged signposts and loose or damaged signs and signals.
- Notifies the Police Department of accidents and emergencies observed.
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of the geographic layout of streets, municipal parking areas, other areas, and other areas within Everett.
- Ability to keep accurate and complete records
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public.
- Meet physical requirements necessary to reform duties.
- Ability to bend, crouch, reach.
- Ability to use stairs when required.
- Ability to lift to 50lbs.
- Work is performed outdoors for extended periods, including up to the entire duration of the shift.
- Employees are subject to environmental conditions, including extreme heat and cold weather.
To apply for this position, please apply via Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/job/parkingenforcement-officer-ed43702af37bd2b7 or send resumes to Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.