Website City of Everett
Parking Enforcement Officer
Posting ID: 2023-0020
Posting Date: 08/23/23
Closing Date: 09/02/23
Salary: $19.40 – $25.48/hour
Hours: 30 hrs per week
Shift: Monday – Friday, 12AM – 6AM
Position Type: Full-time
About the City of Everett:
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett prides itself on the progress it’s made while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the direct supervision of the Parking Clerk, performs duties required for the enforcement of all parking rules and regulations of the City of Everett.
• Patrols assigned areas to identify, report, and tag illegally parked cars.
• Issues notices of violations to offenders in tag form.
• Identify and report vehicles eligible for impoundment.
• Patrols and enforces the Resident Sticker program and issues parking tickets accordingly.
• Report damaged signposts and loose or damaged signs and signals.
• Notifies the Police Department of accidents and emergencies observed.
• Perform other duties as directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Massachusetts Drivers License
• Working knowledge of applicable laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
• Knowledge of the geographic layout of streets, municipal parking areas, other areas, and other areas within Everett.
• Ability to keep accurate and complete records
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public.
• Meet physical requirements necessary to reform duties.
• Ability to bend, crouch, reach.
• Ability to use stairs when required.
• Ability to lift to 50lbs.
• Work is performed outdoors for extended periods, including up to the entire duration of the shift.
• Employees are subject to environmental conditions, including extreme heat and cold weather.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please apply via Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/job/parking-enforcement-officer-nights-62059671f2b1c548 or send resumes to Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Hiring@ci.everett.ma.us