Skip to main content

What does “buy back” mean?

You may buy back any prior public service with the City of Everett or certain other service with the Commonwealth that was refunded or service in which retirement contributions were not withheld. You must buy back such service as an active member in order to have that time credited toward a retirement. Buyback requests must be submitted in writing and you will have to pay the appropriate contribution plus accumulated interest as determined by the Board.

Close Menu